Tuesday, December 13, 2005

GAZAN ARABS - "The Land is Cursed"

Some interesting facts from this article in Israel National News

PA Farmers in Gaza: How Do Those Israelis Do It?

After years of producing bug-free lettuce and other vegetables for Jewish farmers, the sands of Gaza have reverted to their old ways. PA farmers report failure in keeping the bugs away.

The Gaza Arabs who have taken over the hothouses of what used to be Gush Katif reported to the Israel-PA Coordination Office that they have failed in raising bug-free vegetables.

In addition, the PA workers complain that their wages from their compatriots and brethren are significantly lower now than what they received from the Israelis.

Arutz-7's Haggai Huberman reports that the Jews of Gush Katif operated 3,600 dunams (890 acres) of hothouses as of last year, of which the PA - with international help - has managed to activate three-fourths. The Arabs had hoped to build on the Jews' success, selling to the market the Israelis had built up over the years. The bug-free vegetables were particularly attractive to the religious and hareidi-religious publics, for reasons of kashrut.

The Jews who first arrived in Gaza some 30 years ago were repeatedly told by the Arabs who welcomed them that the land was "cursed" and that they would never succeed agriculturally. Benny Ginzberg, standing last May in the large Katif-Atzmona dairy he managed, pointed at the houses of the Arab city of Khan Yunis, several hundred meters away, and said,
  • "Those houses have been here since before the Six Day War. If they wanted this land, what stopped them from spreading out to here before? ... When we first came, they told us that we were crazy for even trying to build something here. 'The land is cursed,' they told us. Well, we built something, something very great..."
Ma'yan Yadai, a 27-year-old mother of two who was thrown out of Gush Katif - she was originally a Croatian Catholic who converted to Judaism, fled Yugoslavia, and moved to Netzer Hazani - spoke about Gush Katif before a gathering of the National Council of Young Israel in New York recently.
She said,
  • "It is difficult for me to believe that this obviously blessed area is the very same area that our Moslem neighbors called the ‘cursed land’ of El G’erara. They have told me that nobody lived in this area from the time that the last Jews left because there was not enough rain, and nothing could grow properly. They were happy when the Jews returned because the rain started again, and the land began to produce."

Farmers in Gush Katif were considered among Israel's most successful; their total annual exports totaled $100 million, or 15% of Israel's agricultural exports. Of Israel's exports abroad, Gush Katif exported to Europe 95% of the bug-free lettuce and greens, 70% of the organic vegetables, 60% of the cherry tomatoes, and 60% of the geraniums. Israel's largest plant nursery was in the Gush Katif community of Atzmonah. Other Katif produce included spices, green, red and yellow peppers, celery and more.

Israel's Defense Ministry sources told Huberman that the Palestinian Authority farmers were unable to develop the techniques necessary for bug-free produce.

Some of the original Israeli greenhouses were damaged or destroyed by Arabs immediately after Israel withdrew, but the PA was able to rebuild them. As of now, the only crop the Arabs are raising successfully is strawberry.

33 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I initially commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments
are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
Perhaps there is an easy method you can remove me
from that service? Kudos!

Feel free to visit my homepage; Air Max

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For most up-to-date information you have to go to see world-wide-web and on web I found this web page as a
most excellent website for most recent updates.

My homepage: Nike Air Max Pas Cher

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up to every single one, it's actually a
good for me to pay a quick visit this site, it contains precious Information.


My weblog :: Abercrombie & Fitch

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is excellent, as well as the content!


My web-site :: Converse Basse

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my weblog
thus i got here to return the favor?.I'm attempting to in finding things to improve my site!I suppose its good enough to make use of a few of your ideas!!

Also visit my webpage; cheap jerseys

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi it's me, I am also visiting this site daily, this web page is in fact pleasant and the users are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.

Also visit my weblog Mario Lemieux Jersey

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written
article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your
useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.



Take a look at my web blog - Oakley Frogskins

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciating the dedication you put into your site and in
depth information you provide. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't
the same out of date rehashed information. Excellent read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to
my Google account.

Also visit my web blog :: Air Jordan Pas Cher

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be able to find good info from your articles.


My web-site :: Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage!
Keep up the fantastic works guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

My website :: Sac Guess Pas Cher

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there everybody, here every one is sharing these know-how, so it's good to read this webpage, and I used to pay a visit this web site everyday.

My web site Michael Kors Canada

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out.
Please let me know where you got your design. Kudos

Review my blog ... Louis Vuitton Purses

 
At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what you published made a bunch of sense. However, what about this?

suppose you composed a catchier title? I am not saying your content is not good,
but suppose you added a post title that makes people want more?
I mean "GAZAN ARABS - "The Land is Cursed"" is a little boring.
You should glance at Yahoo's home page and note how they create post headlines to get viewers interested. You might add a related video or a pic or two to get readers excited about what you've
written. In my opinion, it might make your website a little bit more interesting.


Here is my blog post - Air Jordan Femme

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, always i used to check webpage posts here in the early hours in the morning,
as i love to find out more and more.

Feel free to surf to my homepage clickmovement.org

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this site from my friend who shared with me about this website
and at the moment this time I am visiting this web page and
reading very informative content at this time.

my web page ... Authentic Sidney Crosby Jersey

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoah this weblog is fantastic i really like reading your posts.
Keep up the great work! You recognize, lots of people are hunting around for this information, you
can aid them greatly.

Here is my web-site - Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day I am so happy I found your webpage, I really found you by error, while
I was researching on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and
would just like to say many thanks for a incredible post and a all round entertaining
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it
all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time
I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent
jo.

Feel free to visit my blog: NFL Jerseys Cheap

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely consider that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time
as people consider issues that they plainly do not
realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and
defined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other folks can take a
signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

my page :: Nike Air Max

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your style is unique in comparison to other folks I've read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just
book mark this page.

Check out my site :: http://slc-wireless.com

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For hottest news you have to go to see the web and on world-wide-web I found this website
as a finest site for hottest updates.

Feel free to surf to my web blog ... http://www.explorethecapabilities.com/abercrombie.html

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly no matter if someone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it takes place.

my web-site NFL Jerseys Cheap

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fastidious respond in return of this issue with real arguments and telling all regarding that.


Review my weblog :: Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here different website and thought I might check things out.

I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking over your web
page repeatedly.

my blog post ... web site

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This paragraph is really a fastidious one it helps new net people, who are wishing for blogging.


Feel free to visit my blog post - Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

My page ... Boutique Guess

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Would you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome site!

Also visit my weblog Nike Air Max

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd
post to let you know. The layout look great though!

Hope you get the problem fixed soon. Many thanks

Feel free to visit my webpage Sac Louis Vuitton

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up it's me, I am also visiting this web page daily,
this web site is in fact nice and the visitors are genuinely sharing fastidious thoughts.



My page ... Mulberry Bags

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to “return the favor”.
I am trying to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!

!

Here is my web blog ... Mulberry UK *http://www.whatsot.com/mulberry-uk.html*

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this article plus the
rest of the site is very good.

Also visit my weblog - Air Jordan

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good information. Lucky me I recently found your website by accident (stumbleupon).

I have book marked it for later!

my web blog: visit this link

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your theme.
Many thanks

Here is my homepage Air Jordan Pas Cher

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

michael kors handbags
nike trainers
polo ralph lauren
polo ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton handbags
nike air max 90
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet
coach outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
oakley vault
nike air max
mont blanc
toms
ralph lauren uk
nike huarache shoes
jeremy scott shoes
michael kors
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
retro jordans
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
adidas originals
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
coach outlet
toms outlet
ray ban sunglasses
adidas ultra boost
nike air huarache
jordans
fitflops sale clearance
toms outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
2016.7.25haungqin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home