Friday, November 25, 2005

Lebanese Journalist May Chidiac On TV After 20 Operations

Hat tip Mustapha
May was saying: You can take my arm, you can take my foot, but you can never take away my smile.

May Makes her First Appearance to the Nation from her Hospital Room

LBCI anchorwoman May Chidiac who was maimed by a booby-trap car explosion Sept. 25 has made her first televised appearance, looking tired but upbeat and promising a quick return to the screen.

Wearing a trademark pink-colored top and with her voice breaking at times, May spoke to LBCI viewers of her suffering during and after the attempt on her life that severed her left arm and left leg.


  • "I cannot tell you about my journey of suffering. Perhaps the country was in need of a leg with which to kick all those evil people who do not love this country and who are working against it, and a hand with which to lift the weights off the back of this country,"
  • she said in the brief appearance from her room at Hotel Dieu hospital.

    "Perhaps it was my fate to be a part of this big sacrifice," she added.

May recalled the blast that exploded under her car seat north of Beirut -- the last in a string of mysterious attacks targeting politicians, journalists and commercial and residential areas in Lebanon since the Feb. 14 assassination of ex-Premier Rafik Hariri.

  • "I flew ... and found myself on the backseat, dragging myself to get out (of the car). I saw my severed arm in front of me, praying they would be able to sew it back. What I didn't realize was that I had also lost my leg," she said. The camera did not show May's injuries or her amputated arm and leg.

The station said she undergone around 20 operations since the bombing.

May, a longtime anchorwoman
at the leading anti-Syrian LBC, promised to be back on screen soon. "I am going to get ... an arm, a leg, whatever ... and I can tell you that I will be back," she said.

"I miss you, and it won't be long before I return to you," she added.

Tens of thousands of viewers were mesmerized to their TV screens as she spoke and many were in tears.
(AP-Naharnet)

Beirut, Updated 25 Nov 05, 13:49

1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger no fax cash advance857 said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my instant cash advance blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home